Saturday, May 13, 2023

LIFE OF PREBEN JØRGENSEN - PART VIII - HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY, PREBEN


Since I think Preben would prefer to end his story on a positive note, I am posting here the "silly ditty" I wrote for his 82nd birthday. He genuinely enjoyed it. When I came across it in my files, I remarked on how it could almost have served as a table of contents for his life story. So, here it is (edited slightly for readability and privacy):

"That Dane Preben, he lives in BrusselS

A youthful photo shows up his muscles

"Preben is a favorite of cousins

And from his charts they know they have dozens

"He stayed with his uncle when I was little

He was quite young then and fit as a fiddle

"He went to work for Nilfisk Vac'

Stayed in Europe and never came back

"One day he made Agnes his wife

The smartest thing he did in his life

"The Queen she gave him a decoration

I think she was not in the least mistaken

"I visited him dressed like a clown

But nevertheless he showed me the town

"He fed me dinner on fancy dishes

We had fine wine and two kinds of fishes

"Together we're trying to write a book

It's very sad how long it has took

"Now it's 82 years since Preben's birth

So let me shout it for all I am worth:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PREBEN!!!!"

~~~

And now on his 100th birthday, I can shout again:

Happy 100th birthday, Preben!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preben was Unique ♥️

Marie-Jacqueline said...

Yes indeed he was one of a kind and very special. Thank you for your comment.